Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Blog Is Now Carbon Neutral! Is yours?

That's right, it's now carbon neutral. What does this mean? Well, I have learned that a blog with 15,000 visits a month (I wish I had that many visitors, lol) has a yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 8lb. Interesting isn't it? I have added that button in support of a team out of Germany that works for an initiative called "Make it green!". They raise the awareness of the severe environmental damage caused by carbon emissions.

I know your asking "How does this make my blog carbon neutral"? They plant a tree in cooperation with the Arbor Day Foundation in Plumas National Forest in North California to off set the emissions of my blog. As you may (or may not) know thousands of wildfires burned down many national forests over the past ten years and 88.000 acres of Plumas' were destroyed by two fires in 2007.

They have asked bloggers from all over the world to help support the replanting of trees and they are doing it one blog at a time. One blog = one tree.

Read more about what they do here

No comments:

Post a Comment