Monday, April 20, 2009

Woman donates kidney to her cleaner

HAYDEN, ID — After losing her husband to kidney disease, Chris Breazeal made a selfless choice to end the suffering of her cleaning lady: She donated her kidney, according to an Associated Press story hosted by FOXNews.com.

After completing a series of compatibility tests, Breazeal discovered that she was a near perfect match for Karine Nelson, her cleaning lady of four years, the story stated.

Breazeal said: "I just never felt like it was my choice to be pulling out. If I matched and I was a good candidate, that's what God wanted me to do."

Six months after a phone conversation where Nelson proclaimed to Breazeal that she was having health challenges and needed a kidney transplant, the two women underwent surgery, the story noted.

The transplant was successful and the women hope their experience encourages others to consider a lifesaving kidney donation, the story added.

Nelson said: "I keep telling her 'Thank you' and thank you doesn't cut it. It's beyond thank you."

Click here to read the complete article.

No comments:

Post a Comment